I'm glad you asked that question! This mod is designed as a mostly "vanilla-style" expansion to the game. It adds new features while keeping with the theme of what makes Isaac what it is.
- TONS of rooms and room variants, and even a few enemies.
It's a whole new adventure.
- Thematically fitting replacement characters.
Play as Adam, Noah, Mother Mary, Uriel, The Lamb, King Solomon, Lilith, Jesus, The Bound, Rebekah, and Peter.
- A new set of challenges.
Some easy, some hard.
- You unlocked The Room. Reality itself is unraveling!
The Chest has been reinvented. Expect extreme challenge and choose this path on your most powerful runs. You'll notice this path has changed from previous versions of the mod.
Take the Polaroid to access this path.
- You unlocked Blue Womb. Its mysteries await!
Deep beneath the Inferno lies this terrible location... with a familiar foe awaiting in its finale. Take the Negative to access this path.
But what, then, awaits speedy travelers past It Lives? You'll just have to find out.
- Many minor graphical changes and upgrades.
- Expect surprises.
This mod uses many new enemies created by the talented Tez. First and most importantly, you MUST install his mod "The Agony of Isaac" located here.
!! IF YOU DON'T, YOUR GAME CAN AND WILL CRASH. !!
Afterwards, install Savior Mod directly ON TOP of it using the same instructions to overwrite your resources folder, and allow it to overwrite Agony's files whenever requested.
This mod is for Afterbirth only.
If you wish to play it WITHOUT AFTERBIRTH, please use version 1.2 for now.
Dragoszx - Adam and Uriel
kiddforce - The Lamb
Cowctus - The Bound
TezNyanCatLIpoca - Enemies and certain rooms from The Agony of Isaac
Major Wipeout and Mr. Taxxon - Dark Room sprites and music
stewartisme - Dinky Duke sprites
DevinCraig - original Uriel concept
MonstrosLung - sprites for a few new enemies, and misc. help
Chronometrics - Basement Renovator, without which this would be far less possible
otherhand - the rest
Some features are still to come!
Expect more and better rooms, more enemies, and more additions to Greed Mode in the future.
When Afterbirth+ comes out, I intend on making the "replacement" content in this mod into a proper expansion.
I'm looking for a person or two to help with sprites for new monsters and bosses, as well! Let me know in the comments, or on Reddit at /user/otherhand42/
- Compatibility with AFTERBIRTH!
- Added new characters: Rebekah and Peter.
- The Room is now located on the Cathedral route.
- Blue Womb is now located on the Sheol route.
- Something fun is now located where Hush used to be.
- Lots more rooms and enemies.
- The Lamb was slightly buffed. Jesus was slightly nerfed.
- Just a few room tweaks and additions.