This is an Afterbirth+ mod and won't work with any other mods that have changes made to resources\music.xml. To install, unzip the .7z and place "smb8th" into your Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ Mods folder.
Here's a tracklist:
- Basement: Danny Baranowsky - Betus Blues (Ch 2 Light World)
- Cellar: Danny Baranowsky - C.H.A.D.'s Broken Wind (Ch 2 Dark World)
- Burning Basement: Danny Baranowsky - C.H.A.D.'s Lullaby (Ch 2 Boss)
- Caves: SCATTLE - Bedside Manner (Hospital Light)
- Catacombs: SCATTLE - Lights Out (Hospital Dark)
- Flooded Caves: SCATTLE - 165° (Hospital Boss)
- Depths: Danny Baranowsky - It Ends (Ch 5 Light World)
- Necropolis: Danny Baranowsky - Dr. Fetus' Castle (Ch 5 Dark World)
- Dank Depths: Danny Baranowsky - Larries' Lament (Ch 5 Boss)
- Womb: SCATTLE - Hypertension (Salt Factory Light)
- Utero: SCATTLE - The Seasoning (Salt Factory Dark)
- Scarred Womb: SCATTLE - Dash Assault (Salt Factory Boss)
- Blue Womb: Danny Baranowsky - It Ends with a Whimper [Unused Ch 5 Dark World]
- Sheol: Ridiculon - Steak Thru the Heart (Rapture Light)
- Cathedral: Ridiculon - Meat Continuum (End Light)
- Dark Room: Ridiculon - Ashes to Ashes (End Dark)
- Chest: Ridiculon - Dream Meater (Rapture Dark)
- Void: C418 - Meatcraft [featured in Digital Special Edition Soundtrack]
- Basic Boss Fight: Ridiculon - Secret Santana (Hell Light)
- Boss Rush: Ridiculon - Hell Toupé (Hell Dark)
- Normal Challenge Room: Danny Baranowsky - Hot Damned (Ch 4 Light World)
- Boss Challenge Room: Danny Baranowsky - Devil N' Bass (Ch 4 Dark World)
- Mom Fight: Ridiculon - Meat Yer Maker (Rapture Boss)
- Mom's Heart/It Lives! Fight: Danny Baranowsky - Fast Track to Browntown (Ch 3 Boss)
- Hush Fight (Phase 2): Danny Baranowsky - The Battle of Lil' Slugger (Ch 1 Boss Extended Cut)
- Satan Fight: Ridiculon - Fasten Your Meatbelts (Hell Boss)
- Isaac Fight: Danny Baranowsky - Carmeaty Burana (Ch 6 Boss)
- The Lamb Fight: Danny Baranowsky - Meat Golem (Ch 4 Boss)
- ??? Fight: Ridiculon - Meatal Acropolis (End Boss)
- Delirium/Ultra Greed Fight: FamilyJules7X - Tetanus Blues [featured in Digital Special Edition Soundtrack]
- Title Screen: Ridiculon - Bologna Pogna (Title Intro) [Main Theme and World Map Theme]
- Credits Roll: Danny Baranowsky - End Credits [does not loop]
- Devil Room: SCATTLE - Amputation (Hospital Menu Light)
- Devil Room Boss Fight/Satan Phase 1: SCATTLE - Overdose (Hospital Menu Dark)
- Angel Room: SCATTLE - The Red Sea (Salt Factory Menu Light)
- Angel Room Boss Fight: SCATTLE - Dry Rub (Salt Factory Menu Dark)
- Shop: Danny Baranowsky - Chapter 3 Menus [Light]
- Black Market: Danny Baranowsky - Chapter 3 Menus [Dark]
- The Calm: Ridiculon - [Forest Cutscene Score]
- Library: Danny Baranowsky - The Tragic Squirrel [Chapter 1 Cutscene Score]
- I Am Error: Ridiculon - [Internets Menu]
- Secret Room: Laura Shigihara - Cotton Alley Light Menu
- Super Secret Room: Laura Shigihara - Cotton Alley Dark Menu
- Arcade: Laura Shigihara - Bandage Girl Boogie (Cotton Alley Dark)
- You Died: Laura Shigihara - Cotton Candy (Cotton Alley Light)
- Start Game/Isaac Died: Danny Baranowsky - ??? [Meat Ninja Jingle]
- Nightmare: [Ridiculon - [Meat Ninja Jingle]
- Treasure Room Discover: Danny Baranowsky - Wups! [Warp Zone Outro]
- Secret Room Discover: Ridiculon - [Warp Zone Outro]
- Boss Intro: Danny Baranowsky - Dun Dun Dun!!! [World Intro]
- Alt. Boss Intro: Ridiculon - [World Intro]
- Boss Over/Ambush Over: Danny Baranowsky - Dun Dun Dun? (unused) [purpose unknown]
Some of these songs have been modified to fix goofs or to sound better in-game.
The following songs have been edited to start at a different point in the loop:
- Ridiculon - Secret Santana (Hell Light)
- Ridiculon - Hell Toupé (Hell Dark)
- C418 - Meatcraft
The following songs have been trimmed to loop properly:
- Danny Baranowsky - The Battle of Lil' Slugger (Ch 1 Boss Extended Cut)
- Ridiculon - [Forest Cutscene Score]
- C418 - Meatcraft
- FamilyJules7X - Tetanus Blues
- Ridiculon - [Internets Menu]
The following songs' ending segments have been edited to loop properly:
- Danny Baranowsky - The Tragic Squirrel
- Ridiculon - Meat Yer Maker (Rapture Boss)
Though most of the code in this mod was hand-written, I'd like to thank Marty FlyMac and AndBoy from the Steam Workshop for their high-quality mods from which I learned a lot about mod structure. Analyzing the Lua scripting in their mods served as a great learning experience for me, without which I would not be able to publish this as much more than a cheap music\ and music.xml tweak.
Marty was also the one who inspired the creation of this whole mod and got me into the 2015 Super Meat Boy soundtrack in general with his There's Hell Toupé in Boss Rush mod.
Feel free to leave a comment to report a bug, leave feedback, etc.
- Music now starts at volume 0 before UpdateVolume() kicks in.
- Black market and I am Error music will no longer bleed over into the next floor.
- The main code is no longer wrapped in "for i,v in ipairs(Isaac.GetRoomEntities()) do", I presume that was a cargo cult standard since we're only doing music changes here.
- Hush fight music is now separated into an intro and a loop instead of being just a loop.
- Delirium's boss room is checked for by boss ID instead of room size.
- The "unique Utero theme" segment is greatly restructured and much less redundant.
- Merged void1_a.ogg and void1_b.ogg.
- Meatcraft is handled slightly better.
- Indenting is now consistent throughout the code.
- Fixed floor themes in Utero and Womb overriding boss music if Greed is spawned in a normal room.
- Fixed boss music and jingles not turning off when teleporting to rooms with music not defined in the music.xml.
- Fixed secret room jingle not queueing the correct music afterwards when starting and ending in different roomtypes where the ending roomtype uses music not defined in the music.xml.
- Phase 1 of Satan's bossfight is now detected when boss music is playing and the room's boss ID is that of Satan's, rather than when boss music is playing and the current stage is Sheol. This allows the Phase 1 music to play properly if you fight Satan in the Void.