Maybe even 700,000* more?
Well, then this mod is for you!
- 2,000 randomly generated items
- 30 randomly generated pill effects
- 100 randomly generated trinkets
- random item sprites
- random item stats
- random item effects
- random item names
- random item descriptions
- random familiars
You need Afterbirth+ to play this mod. To install, simply download the mod and place it into the mod folder. If you aren't sure where it is, you can just install it from the Steam Workshop.
Don't worry if starting the game or run takes too long, that's normal. Mod too big for he got dang game.
The name "700,000 Items" is a reference to Jerma's video on the game 700,000 Games. The mod itself kinda plays on those weird bootleg games that advertise a bunch of games, but end up only having like 192.
*there is not actually 700,000 items. Not that it would be impossible, but it makes the game horribly slow to start and would take a lot of time to actually generate this many items. The game is already pretty strained at 2,000 items. For reference, the base game has 504 items.
Do you want to generate your own fresher, larger set of items, or want to contribute? Check out the Git Repository! Just follow the instructions in the README.
How does this mod work? It's a Python script! Check out my writeup for more details.
- Added a potential familiar effect for when a familiar gets hit
- Passive items now add random costumes. The costumes themselves aren't randomly generated, they're just vanilla costumes. Still better than being naked Isaac though.
- Turns out that enemy damaged and enemy hurt effects were broken which resulted in a much more boring game. This has been fixed.
- A few internal changes that should make the mod itself easier to manage.
- A fix that fixes a specific case where this mod could conflict with another mod.
- Removed 'stipulations.' They were pretty dumb. basically, there's no more 'this effect only activates at full health' and other such things.
- A few extra tweaks to balance some stuff.