Unable to Download
If your download button is greyed out, you do not have the right permissions to download mods. This is likely because your account has not been verified as owning The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. If you do own the game or have purchased it, log out and log in again to perform a new check. If this does not resolve the issue, consult the Steam group's discussion forums. If you are using a shared copy of the game, make sure the game is running as you login.
Modding of Isaac uses Steam OpenID login for accounts. This is a secure method that goes through the Steam servers instead of ours. We require a Steam login for a couple reasons.
- It's extremely easy for you to login. You don't have to register.
- You don't need to enter your email address. We don't need to send a verification email.
- It fights spam accounts and uses Steam's security to prevent account theft.
- We can quickly get your current username from Steam, and keep it updated.
- We can confirm that you own The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, to support the developers for creating the game.
- Spammers/attackers cannot create alt accounts without repurchasing The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.
We cannot steal your password. We are not collecting any information on you besides your Steam username, and if you own the game The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. We are not interested on doing anything malicious with your Steam account, even if the Steam API allowed us to do so. If you elect to not sign into our website through Steam, that is your choice.
Coins and Hearts
Coins are used for buying cosmetic stuff in the Shop. You can earn them by posting quality comments on others' mods, and having people download and use your mods. A heart is basically a "like" infused with "subscription", so if you give a heart to a post, you boost its ratings and will receive a notification when it updates.
Seal of Approval
The Seal of Approval is a special icon given to mods which have all of the following:
- Fitting title, category, and tags.
- Unique and otherwise unfilled purpose.
- Custom icon.
- Identifying screenshots if needed.
- Screenshots must be in-game, not in an editor or the sprite sheet.
- Must not contain significant graphical modifications from other mods.
- Coherent and detailed description.
- Must not exist only for a small subset of people (YouTuber skins, characters based on IRL friends).
- Must not be a cheat mod (ie. overpowered start, infinite coins).
- Must not be low-effort spam (ie. x mode, changed death music).
Our moderators regularly check new submissions and grant Seals to mods. It usually takes about 24 hours for a newly submitted mod to be approved, if it contains the above requirements. If you are concerned about your mod not receiving a seal, you can make a post in the group Discussions to find out more information.
Your baby icon is your visual representation on the site. You can change yours in your personal sheet at the bottom right of the page.
Sounds & Eye Candy
You can disable sounds and eye candy (extra visual effects and stuff like the flies) completely in your personal sheet at the bottom right of the page.
Bugs & Suggestions
You can report bugs and make suggestions on our Steam group discussion forum.
How do I make my icon less blurry?
Make sure you're upscaling/resizing with 'Nearest Neighbor' if your image editor supports image resampling.
The site is not functioning well for me!